5 Ways to Make Hair Look Gorgeous
We all want flowing locks that shimmer in the sunlight and are free from frizz. However, what we want and what we have are rarely the same thing. But that doesn’t have to be the case when it comes to your hair! We have five simple things to do to make your hair look gorgeous without breaking the bank!
- Skip a day between shampoos. – Washing your hair with shampoo every day strips your hair of the healthy oils that it needs to stay hydrated and beautiful. Instead, only use shampoo every other day with a small amount of conditioner. If your roots get oily on the off days, you can spritz a little bit of dry shampoo to refresh them.
- Sleep on silk. – Give your head the royal treatment at night and rest it on a silk pillowcase instead of cotton. This may seem like an indulgence, but it’s actually easier on your hair and cuts down on frizz since it doesn’t rough up your hair cuticle as much as cotton does. Just doing this one step can give you smoother hair while you dream!
- Protect your hair from heat. – You’ve heard it a million times but we’re telling you again: if you use heat tools on your hair you HAVE to use protectant spray! Putting a hot iron or even just hot hair directly on your strands will fry them in no time! This leads to dry and brittle hair in the long run and frizzy hair immediately. Instead, spray a heat protectant spray before you fire up that dyer.
- Take care of your hair. – Wait, isn’t that we’ve already been talking about? Yes. But we’re saying take of your actual strands by getting them trimmed on a regular basis and treating them with care in between salon visits. Getting regular trims will help keep split ends away which are not very attractive. But between those trims, you need to be gentle when you’re brushing out your hair. Work from the bottom up and carefully tame any tangles instead of ripping through them.
- Treat it from the inside out. – Having gorgeous hair starts inside of your body! So make sure that you’re eating healthy foods and taking a daily multivitamin. Your hair is completely made of protein, so if your body isn’t getting enough of it, your hair will definitely show it! Feel your body the proper amounts of vitamins, minerals, amino acids and herbs and your hair will thank you for it by being glossy and strong.
There you have it! Five simple things that you can do to get gorgeous hair. None of which cost too much or take up too much time, so you have no excuse to skip them! By following these tips, you’ll be showing off your glossy, smooth, and frizz-free hair within a matter of days. Remember, though: the key is consistency! If you want to keep the results that you get, you have to keep pampering your hair. It’s worth it!